Monday, 30 July 2012

July Favourites! xxx

I'm gonna cut to the chase and go straight into July Faves as there are quite a few to get through!

As you know I am like an oil slick on my face, so oil free products usually work for me! I am loving visibly clear, pink grapefruit oil- free moisturiser by Neutrogena. To be honest with you, I like most of the Neutrogena rage as it works for me and it's very reasonable too!
It smells absolutely gorgeous.....(pink grapefruit funnily enough!) and the consistency is quite thick when you squeeze it from the tube.
It feels fab when on your skin as it's not thick and heavy and it really doesn't clog your pores. You only need a small amount as a little goes a long way and this is a great product if you need a base under your foundation. It absorbs really quickly and leaves no residue, hydrates well and is soooooo refreshing! I put it on morning and night after I cleanse and tone. This cost around £4.60 for 50ml.

Hot pinks are really fashionable at the moment and look great with a tan and in the sunshine! I am a big fan of I.B.D gel nail products as they last for a long time on the nail and colour doesn't fade. They do a shade called All Heart which has shiny flecks of colour in it.
It wears and goes on like an ordinary nail polish. But it wears like a gel nail once cured under a UV light. It can last for up to 2 weeks without any chips and can promote natural nail growth. With a glossy top coat this is uber shiny and is such a beautiful colour! I do these in my salon for £20.00 a set.

Temporary lip tattoos have become huge at the moment and I have seen them in quite a few stores. I found some in the Factory Shop for only a pound, so thought I would give them a go!
They are really easy and simple to use. I would say that the hardest part is trying to cut them down to your own natural size lip and shape. For a one pound I got 3 different designs. On the back are the instructions, which are easy to follow and basically you cut them down using the guides (not cutting the cupids bow or the bottom of lip) peel off clear protector and stick to own lips design down. Once in place wet a cotton pad and dab over design. You will know when it's ready as the white backing does slide away. They dry on lips almost instantly and just feel slightly tacky. Although, they are great and a lot of fun I have really tiny lips and I did find that the full effect didn't work on me and that I was eating the design away rather quickly! However, if your a lucky bean and full luscious lips, then you shall definitely give these a go!
As you can see I thought I would have some fun and support our nation by having the union jack on for the open ceremony of the Olympics!

Last but not least! I am really in to contouring my face as it makes me look slimmer and more defined. I got given this a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE this product! It's from AVON and it's from there true colour range and the colour is earthen rose.
It's a blusher that is beige/fawn in colour and has peachy undertone to it..... that usually comes with a small brush! However, I did throw my brush away because when applying blusher or anything to my cheeks, I love to use a big, tapered blending brush! The colour is perfect if you are a little on the paler side like myself! I use this just under my cheek bone to give me more of a sculpted look and because it's matte, it's even more perfect for more of a natural look. Remember a little goes a long way and you don't want to add loads. If too much too soon, you can't take away. Just keep adding little by little and blending for the look you are trying to create, without any harsh lines. For 6 grams of pressed powder it cost around £6.00.

I hope you like my July Favourites and if you haven't got any of these products then you should try them and let me know what you think! Please subscribe for free and that way you get any new updates from myself! Alternatively go to my facebook page and like http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jay-Chapman-Make-Up-Artist/122769664429757
Talking of likes, I'm trying to hit 300 on my Facebook LIKE page. Once I have 300 I will then put you in a free draw and pick one lucky winner to win over £40.00 worth of make-up.....ALL THIS COULD BE YOURS PICTURED BELOW! All you have to do is like my page.....simples!

Lots of love my little beauts!

Jay xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment