Saturday, 21 July 2012

Lauren Luke Brushes! xxx

Hi everyone! 


Yes I have another new blog and hopefully the last! I will pimp it up at a later date, but for now I wanna talk about the Lauren Luke Brush set that I received a couple of weeks ago. I have put them to the test and have done a few bridal make-ups with them, so that you get a full review on what they are actually like!



The First thing I noticed when I received them was how personalised the packaging was. Ok, so they were only in a brown Jiffy bag! But obviously inside were the brushes and a personal typed up note from Lauren! I thought it was a nice touch (even though, she presses print on her computer!) and knowing how busy she must be, it seems that she still takes the time out to know her customers and fans! She even messaged me on Facebook.....oh yeah! 


For those who don't know who Lauren Luke is (if you don't....are you in the dark ages?!) She is a youtube sensation under the name Panacea81. She blogs and reviews anything from make-up, tutorials, her life and you can even email her your problems and she will try and help! The reason I love her? I love her because she is your girl next door, who had quite a sad past. But she got off her ass and sorted it and tried to make a go of things! Now look at her, she has youtube hits over 127,000,000 and she has over 442,000 subscribers, with now, her own make-up brush line! A.MA.ZING!!!


So back to the brushes! There are 8 to choose from and the prices range from £3.25-£6.50. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little dubious and wondered why they are so cheap. But I went ahead an bought the whole lot, plus you get the pencil brush for free. The whole set cost me £33.75 and then a couple of quid on top for the postage and packaging. 
I can't express enough LOVE for these brushes! They are absolutely fan-dabi-dosy! And for the price...............this girl has done well to produce such wonderful brushes!


From Left - Right. Large Powder Brush, Foundation Brush, Flat Contour Brush, Tapered Blending Brush, Pencil Brush, Blending Eyeshadow Brush, Flat Brush, and Angled Brush

LARGE POWDER BRUSH
This is made from goat hair and it's really good quality. No hairs seem to be left on your face after you have gone mad with the bronzer! This is great for powdering the whole face, blusher and bronzer. Or you could you it to blend out any harsh lines on the face with this brush. This is the most expensive of the brushes at only £6.50

FOUNDATION BRUSH
This is my favourite from the whole set. Personally I haven't had a foundation brush quite as good as this one. Others, and I mean very expensive brands, have left hairs on my face, don't blend as well or leave harsh lines. This is a great brush to own and if you have to only choose one, then choose this one! This brush is really great for buffing foundation into the skin and leave the face looking flawless. This is made from synthetic hair, which is great for any cream foundations. It costs only £6.00. I will definitely be investing in more of these brushes for work!

FLAT CONTOUR BRUSH

Made from goat hair. This is great for contouring the cheeks, cheek bones, forehead, jaw line and nose. Or you could use it for bronzer, blusher or powdering the face or T-Zone area. Personally I would only use powder form with this brush as it may ruin the hairs when using cream blush or bronzer. This cost £5.25 only.

TAPERED BLENDING BRUSH

Another favourite of mine and a very good dupe for the 224 blending brush from M.A.C. This only cost £4.50 and it's great! Brilliant for blending in the crease of your eyelids, contouring the nose and I even use it for covering spots and blemishes! This one is made from goat hair and again I would use this with only powder eyeshadows.

PENCIL BRUSH

This is a great brush for getting really precise on the lower lash line, with eyeshadow. Also, good for making a "new" crease effect in your eyelid. But also, fantastic for putting a highlighter in the tear duct area to open up your eyes. This cost £3.25 and is made from goat hair

BLENDING EYESHADOW BRUSH

You can use this pretty much the same as the tapered blending brush, as mentioned above. But can also be used for all over colour on the eyelid. Another great dupe for the 217 from M.A.C. Made from goat hair and only cost £4.50

FLAT EYESHADOW BRUSH

This flat brush is ideal for packing on colour all over the eyelid, or you can even use it for highlighter under the brow bone.  It's made from goat hair which is great for powder eyeshadows. But for cream shadows, it may ruin the brush. Synthetic is always best for cream shadows. I haven't tried this with cream, so I maybe completely wrong about this! However, I'm not ruining one of my beautiful brushes! Separately this cost  £4.00

ANGLED LINER BRUSH  

Great for eyeliner and filling in brows. Separately, this brush alone would only cost you £3.25. It's synthetic, which means great with a powder or liquid make-up. The brush is great for really precise lines and also fab for getting really close to the lash line.
 
Lauren you have done me proud with this brush line! They are not expensive, the product is really good quality and to everyone, you WILL get great results from them.
Lauren, maybe you could expand the line and do a few more synthetic haired brushes and maybe a good brush cleaner. Even a little contraption to hold the brushes upside down when they dry, when cleaned?!!!   

I have been a make-up artist for a few years and these brushes will be coming with me on jobs!

Lots of Love you beautiful lot!

Jay xxx



P.S. Please visit my website, share this with family and friends, subscribe and LIKE my facebook page! www.facebook.com/jaychapmanmakeupartist


xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment