Wednesday, 25 July 2012

The House of Soap xxx

As some of you may know, I suffer with eczema on my eyelids and around my eyes and psoriasis on the back of my hair line. I have had it for years and have tried many, if not hundreds of lotions and potions! Yes some work for a small amount of time. But there is always a slight worry in the back of my mind, with the ingredients. What am I putting on my skin?

There are always rumours that the medication, lotions and cream's etc that doctors prescribe can thin the skin. Which is not so great for me because the eye area is so thin anyway. I know that skin rejuvenate's quite quickly when your younger. However, I'm no spring chicken anymore and need to look after my assets, if not, then my skin at least!!

One day about 3 months ago I was walking up Wells highsteet, Somerset and came across a market stall and a massive sign....DO YOU SUFFER FROM ECZEMA? I nudged my boyfriend and asked if we could take a look. They had a whole stall of things from bath bombs, to bars of soap to oils. The guy on the stall (Adrian Mackey) was lovely and really easy to talk too and I explained my situation.

Adrian pointed me in the right direction and said to me what I needed, which was the honey and oatmeal bar of soap (as above) and the 100% Shea Butter (below)
Sorry about my label, but this little beaut comes everywhere with me!

The soap is made from all natural ingredients and has oatmeal in it, which acts as a gentle exfoliator. It doesn't bubble up as much as other soaps. But I can tell you that the smell is divine and its also very soothing. I have even used this on my face and I find that it's not drying to the skin at all. It lasts a long time and @ £3.75 I think that is pretty reasonable for all natural products. The only thing that lets me down is that it's made from Palm Oil. Palm Oil is fine to use and obviously great on the skin, but it's not great for the environment. I won't go into details, but for me I won't be using this again as I try and care for the environment here and there! Maybe house of soap, you could put something back into the palm tree environment or use another natural product? Just a thought and if so I will definitely buy this product again!


The 100% Shea Butter on the other hand is great and I will be buying over and over again! It's literally like a butter and it is white in colour and for £7.50  this product will last you for ever. I put it on my dry skin every night and YES ladies and gents, my eczema is pretty much gone from my eyelids, without using those pesky chemicals on my face! It may not work for you, but at least give it a try as I'm sure it will do something. If not, it will give you amazing soft skin at least!


Adrian is at Wells market every Wednesday and you have to see him! He is amaze balls! If not you can buy on line at www.houseofsoap.co.uk


Give it a try!


COMPETITION TIME!!!

As some of you know, I have a Facebook like page (Jay Chapman Make-Up Artist) and at present I have   164 likes. I would love to get 300 likes or over! Whats not to like?! You get to see pictures of my work, new blog status updates, new promotions and product lines and of course competition information!! 


All you have to do is copy and paste my like page on your Facebook Wall http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jay-Chapman-Make-Up-Artist/122769664429757 and recommend me to your family and friends! Once I have 300 or over likes, I will then put all of my friends (on my like page) into a hat and pick out one lucky person, for the chance to win a huge bag of make-up goodies! The contents will be worth over £40.00 of cosmetics ranging from Maybelline, Rimmel, Calvin Klein and much, much more!  
Boys you can play too! If your not a fan of make-up then you can try and win it for your Mum!


Love to you all my beautiful lot!


Jay xxx


P.S. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, VISIT MY WBSITE www.jaychapman.co.uk AND LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jay-Chapman-Make-Up-Artist/122769664429757 OR SIMPLY BE PART OF GOOGLE PLUS!

XXX
  

No comments:

Post a Comment