Thursday, 3 January 2013

Long Awaited Blog and Happy New Year! xxx

Hi Guys! 

First of all I am so sorry for a long awaited blog. I was just overwhelmed by all the customers that I had over the Christmas and New Year Period. Not only that I had 5 teeth out! So not only you guys didn't get to read my blogs, I now look gross as one of the teeth I had out was one at the front, on the bottom set!

Why oh why I hear you cry?!

Well, I am having braces fitted top and bottom, so therefore I needed room in my mouth so that they can straighten my teeth. I'm not going to go into too much detail with this, as I may do a separate blog on it.

Anyways, I hope you were all good and received all the things that you wished for? My Christmas was very quiet. But I do want to say a HUGE thank you to my Mum for making the day really special and for cooking like a trooper! It was awesome! And a MASSIVE thank you to my family and making the day so great with your presence and presents!!

Ok, today is going to be a quick blog about a primer that I have been using over the Christmas and I have to say it been a very good purchase!

It's the Collection 2000 Primed and Ready Smoothing Make-Up Primer


On their site it states:

- The silky formula with a light coverage for a flawless complexion and a noticeably natural finish. 

- Smoothing Make-up Primer minimizes problem pores, smooths uneven skin and hides unsightly blemishes for the perfect base. 


This products cost me £5.99 from Superdrug and in the tube you get 18ml worth of product. 

I always put a primer on first, before putting on my foundation. But please note, a primer is not like a moisturiser. A primer is like a light second skin. Great for people who suffer with large open pores, oily skin or pigmentation problems. Basically, what you are doing is smoothing out any problems on your base before putting on any foundation. That way your skin can look more flawless and the foundation can sit and last a lot longer on the skin.


As you can see (the little see through blob on my hand!) it's very clear and almost has a slight jelly consistency to the product. All you need is a very small amount as a little goes a long way. In fact, only use what you need, as the more primer you use, can almost do the opposite effect of what you wanted it to do in the first place. So again, think of it as a very thin second skin over you face.

When you first put it on your skin you will notice that your skin will become very silky, soft and matte looking. As for a flawless complexion  they are touching on dodgy grounds really. Because for someone who may think that this will reduce the appearance of spots or red marks....it won't. All that this primer will do, because of the silicone base, is smooth out the feeling of your face and will glide on your foundation and help it last a lot longer and minimise pores, for the time being. The only way you will get rid of those red marks temporary, with this product is to put a foundation and concealer over the top.

However, all in all, if you want your foundation to stay on longer and your pores to minimize underneath foundation, then this will work perfectly. And for £5.99 this is a real bargain.  

I will be buying this again as I do suffer with oily skin and large pores around my nose and it does make my foundation last very well. However, if you suffer with more than just the above then please leave me a comment and I will try and guide you with the right primer.

I hope that this is a great start to the new year and I wish everybody else a very happy New Year too!

Lots of love

Jay xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment