Monday, 8 July 2013

Oil Slick #2!

I am seriously into going back to nature and the simple things in life (apart from nudest beaches!) Since writing about Shea Butter (my very first blog post) and the benefits it had for my skin, I am a real sucker for oils. I have found that going back to basics has helped my skin in numerous ways and touch wood, my eczema has not made an appearance now for nearly a year or more.

For the last 2 years, Argan Oil and Moroccan Oil have been all the rage for healthy, strong, silky hair. But I have found that products containing this ingredient, the prices have rocketed through the roof. Yes, I do believe the product is great and works wonders for the hair. But I wanted something for a good all rounder for hair and skin.

I was mooching around Holland and Barrett one day and came across this little tinker................

MiaFlora Moroccan Argan Oil, Skin and Hair Nutrients



It contains 59ml of product, cost £12.99 and all it contains is 100% pure Moroccan Argan Oil. So being 100% pure, it has got to be better for you rather than all of the other stuff they put into these products, right?!

I have used just under half a bottle and that has taken me months to conquer! I have been using it on my hair most days, sprinkle a little in a bath now and again and sometimes smother my skin in the oil and sleep in it. Some people may find that putting it on the face can be too much, but I don't find it that greasy or heavy at all. Also it contains lots of vitamin E, so when I wake up my skin looks plumper and smoother

The thing that does put me off is the smell. I don't think its that pleasant. I can't even describe it to you, as it has a very strange whiff to it! Although, as a very small amount goes a long way, once distributed either on the skin or in the hair, you can't smell it on you. 

So I am guessing I am answering my own question.........So being 100% pure, it has got to be better for you rather than all of the other stuff they put into these products, right?!

I'm going to say yes, especially when it comes to my hair. A lot of people ask me what I use on my hair to get it as long and still in really good condition, even though it has been bleached blonde for a couple of years, and I put it down to this little beaut.....Argan Oil!

Give it a go and let me know what you think........

Lots of Love

Jay xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment