Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Congested Skin? xxx

I have decided to come off my acne pills, as I realised that my pigmentation in my skin was becoming more noticeable. So more care to my skin is needed by good healthy eating, exercise and a good skin routine, me thinks!

I have been off my pills now for about 3-4 weeks and although I have been getting some really sore, underneath the skin blemishes, they haven't really formed into anything. Somehow, I would like to think that my changed habits are making a difference!

Into my skin care routine, I have added a mud mask once/twice a week, hoping that my congested skin would, 'all of a sudden' rejuvenate itself.

The Dead Sea Spa Magik Mud Mask was staring at me in the face in Holland and Barrett! At £7.99 a tube, I thought it wasn't going to break the bank to give it a wee trial!


I have used it a couple of times and I have to say that I am very impressed with the results. I tend to use this on a Sunday, whilst having my "me" time and that way, it can stay on the skin a lot longer, whilst I'm soaking up the bubbles in the bath!


It has a great smell, with a subtle undertone of earthiness to it. Also, it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Its is a deep grey in colour and dries lighter once been on the skin for a while and then cracks and hardens up.


As you can see from my beautiful picture, that I go around the eyes, as this is the most delicate part of the face, also you only need a thin layer to cover the whole face. Then I leave it on as long as I want.

To take off the product, I take a clean fresh flannel, run it under warm water and then place it all over the entire face. Leave it for a minute, then the steam will start to loosen the mask. Wipe away and keep rinsing and wiping until clean. Then as soon as I am out the bath and dried, I then moisturise.

My skin feels awesome afterwards and I feel that all the small, congested little bumps are dispersing a lot quicker than usual. Not only that, my foundation seems to be going on a lot smoother too.

Which mud mask do you use? Comment below.

Lots of Love


Jay xxx  




No comments:

Post a Comment