Friday, 11 October 2013

Are You A Product Snob?!?!?



Hey My Beautiful Birds!

Ok, so the title may seem harsh to some of you. But, lets get down to business!

We know, some of you out there, somewhere, only like top, high-end beauty brands. Am I correct?!
Come on, you don't have to lie to me, I know that there are some of you, if not, a lot of you out there, who ONLY like top, top beauty brands!

Believe me, there is nothing wrong with that and if we could all afford high end products, surely we would all buy expensive products, right?


Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I like both! Yes, I am not ashamed to say it...........

My name is Jay Chapman, I am a makeup artist and I LOVE highstreet/cheap beauty products. There, I said it!

The reason I am saying/writing this is because, in my years of makeup and beauty, I have come across a few 'intrigued' people! They are very interested in booking me for weddings or parties, because they have seen my work, and then all of a sudden, because they have asked me what products I use (I reply anything from high-end products to highstreet products) they then cancel on me. One bride was actually honest and said, because I don't use all M.A.C cosmetics, I cannot be her wedding makeup artist! 

Laughable or reality? Should I be using ALL high-end products?


In my opinion, no I shouldn't and I don't have any doubt in my statement what so ever. People then say, well what am I paying for?

Well, I have come across many "makeup artists" in my time who only use super expensive products. I mean products like YSL, Burberry, Estee Lauder, Trish McEvoy...........the list is endless. But, sometimes there work has been shoddy and totally unprofessional. Half of the products they own, they don't even know what they are for or where to put them! In my opinion, that is laughable!

BUT, because they have used all high-end make-up, that makes it ok????

Its not what you use, its how you use it, is what I say!

Like I said before I use anything from MAC, to MUA. As long as my client feels 100% confident and I have 100% confidence in the product, I WILL USE IT. In my opinion, clients are paying for my expertise. I research, I am trained, I still train and I am ALWAYS teaching and learning.
As you all know, I love MUA products, but not only that, I love Christian Dior products too. I pick bits from all brands. I am VERY lucky and blessed, as I am a blogger, a makeup artist and I own my salon. So therefore, my clients and I are very honoured to have the pick of the bunch. But if I didn't have the above, I would still go out and buy any products, at any price. As long as they work and do what they are supposed to do, then its a winner for me!

Are you a product snob? Are you a beauty saver? Or are you plain greedy like me and love it all?

Comments below please, I am seriously intrigued to your thoughts.

BIG LOVE      











No comments:

Post a Comment