Thursday, 17 October 2013

Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara xxx

What do high end mascaras have on high street mascaras? I read so many blogs that the Clarins Wonder Perfect was simply, well, perfect!


First of all what stunning packaging. Feels lovely in the hands, very slender and feel very glamorous! I really do like swiping this out of my handbag, coz it just looks great, doesn't it?!

To be honest, I have never really gone for Clarins makeup. Skincare products, yes! But never makeup products. I'm not sure why? Its just never really occurred to me, that's all!

So what is the product like, your probably all wondering?! Well for a WHOPPING £21, I think that's a little crazy for a mascara. However, I heard so many great things, I thought I would give it a bash!


The wand is everything that I want in a mascara. So for me, this little wand head is perfect. Really gets at the base of the lashes and you can really zig zag your way up to the tip, without any problems. Plus, coating the bottom lashes is non-problematic too. However, me personally, the formula felt and looked really clumpy. I know that some people like that, but it just didn't sit well with me. I like really defined lashes, with lots of body and length. 
I notice as well, that at the end of the day, it transfers underneath my bottom lash line. Not so great when your dealing with clients all day. Which seems weird, because getting this little sucker off at the end of the day, does not leave! Its almost like a gel consistency, that moves around the eye area and needs lots of make-up remover and gentle rubbing to get it off.  

For the packaging, Clarins get a good 10/10 from me. Its sleek and sexy. But for the actual product, I'm really disappointed. Lets not argue the fact, for £21 we should be getting the false lash effect.

I'm sorry Clarins, this was not for me. In future, I will be sticking to high street brands, as I find most of them, without a doubt, better and better value.

Has anyone else tried this and been disappointed? Leave comments below, I really value your thoughts.

BIG LOVE



5 comments:

  1. I've never tried clarins makeup, to be honest I've been using maybelline colossal (the yellow tube) for years and I've never found a match for me

    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can assure you abi, don't buy this, not great! Some of their make up is ok though xxx

      Delete
  2. Never tried Clarins I love my Maybelline mascaras! The Rocket is my fave at the moment! On another note I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog post on it for all the details xxx

    amypriddle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, sorry for the lack of reply. I have been working away. Thank you so much for this and really, such a surprise! Hope you are well my love xxx

      Delete
    2. Amy, sorry for the lack of reply. I have been working away. Thank you so much for this and really, such a surprise! Hope you are well my love xxx

      Delete