Monday, 28 October 2013

Lemon Aid by Benefit

Sorry for not so many post last week. Halloween nails are all the craze at the moment. I have done quite a few sets! Anyhow.............................

I was really lucky to be given the Lemon Aid Eye Primer By Benfit*


This has been round for donkeys years! I have to admit, when it comes to an eye primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion has never let me down. However, you know me, I am always willing to give anything ago! If not on me, then on my clients!

Its different to most eye primers that I am used too, first of all it comes in a flat pot and the colour is yellow. I actually really like the packaging and on the plus side, it does come with a little mirror. The actual primer reminds me of a concealer, and I am guessing that is because of the colour. However, they have made it this colour, for people who suffer with either dark or reddish pigmentation on the eyelids.


Its very thick in consistency, so you only need a very small amount. I have used this quite a few times now and I have to say, that I am really impressed with this primer. I put it on with my ring finger, that way you are are warming up the product from your body heat, for easy application. Other wise, it could drag a little in such a delicate place. So warming it up is vital and I don't think it will apply so well with a brush..


It really does hide any pigmentation. Also, I do find it is great for under my eye concealer. It helps stop the creasing, takes any darkness away and it helps the concealer last a lot longer. Although, when putting it in this area, smaller amount the better, or it will do the opposite and look horrendous. Think less is more.

As you can see from the picture above, when using this primer, your eyeshadows are super intensified. I have used the same shadow for both swatches. They look like completely different eyeshadows, don't they? I used the Barry M Dazzle Dust, in the colour 75. Which is a green pigment (just incase you didn't know!) Barry M Dazzles Dust Pigments are pretty awesome without primer anyways. But look how awesome the colour is, when you use the Benefit Lemon Aid. The proof is in the pudding from the pics.

Have you used this before? If not, you should try it. Its worth every penny @ £16.50, because it does so many things in one. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

BIG LOVE



8 comments:

  1. OMG I can't believe how different the eyeshadow looks in both the swatches?! Wow.. that's incredible! I've never even tried this yet, I really need to! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy Right? Really great stuff, really pleased with it xxx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many great things about this, I really need to try it! Great review! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your like me and your eyeshadow slips about after a couple of hours, then this is your primer. Hope your well xxx

      Delete
  3. This is a really good review! I like your blog :)

    Xo Mel
    Anxiety | Depression | Panic Attacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melane! Hope your well. Thank you for your kind words. Means a lot xxx

      Delete
  4. omg this looks amazing!!! Great review lovely :)
    abi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Abi! Hope your well. Thanks for stopping by xxx

      Delete