Monday, 21 October 2013

MUA Makeup Monday Madness #5 xxx

When I heard that MUA launched a matte eyeshadow palette, my stomach did a few somersaults with joy. I had to get it straight away!


The Ever After palette has 10 matte shades, each containing a large pan for each colour, a sponge applicator and the whole palette cost me, yep another £4.00. Insanely cheap!


It has the perfect shades for any season and there is something for everyone too, what ever skin tone you are.


The shadows even have names to them now, which they didn't before. I have to admit, I prefer the fact that they have names rather than numbers. They are pretty cute names too!


However, when it came to using this palette, I was so disappointed. I know, I am disappointed in a MUA product! 
As you can see from the swatches, half of the colours you can barely see. This took a few rubs on each colour too! They seem really chalky when on the skin and when blended, you have almost brushed the product away, into almost nothing.
The first 4 colours seem identical to each other. They don't embrace their own colours, and the colours Fade and Chino, nearly blend into the skin. If wearing any of these colours, then I certainly recommend, 100% that you wear a primer first. It will help grab the colour and make it look stronger.

Not all is lost though. This palette is great for contouring and using on the eyebrows and also the colour Charcoal is great for giving depth to the eye. However, it seems like a big palette to keep with you just for eyebrows and contouring, when you know the other colours (for me) will never get used.

I'm sorry MUA, these eyeshadows did not tickle my taste buds this time!

What did you think of them?

BIG LOVE



2 comments:

  1. i have this too and wasn't impressed with the light colours, think i need to get a primer!

    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, not sure what their eye primers are like. Maybe give them a worle! Hope you well Abi, must catch up on your posts xxx

      Delete