Monday, 4 November 2013

Gold Rush xxx

For as long as I can remember, I have always loved Silver Jewellery. I always thought gold seemed tacky on me and if it wasn't the right gold, I almost looked fake.

However, since building my jewellery site and looking into buying and selling products, gold is really standing out for me. I feel really different about it and I think it looks kinda ok on me. Maybe because I am older? I do feel classier in gold and there are many ways of making it look grungy. I guess its what you choose and how you wear it, that makes a total difference.

I was recently in New Look and saw that they have a lot of gold fashion/costume jewellery. Some of it was really tasteful. Some, not so tasteful. However, I did pick up some thick gold band rings, a spiral ring and a snake, above the knuckle ring.


I absolutely adore all of them, especially the gold bands. I feel that they can brighten up most outfits and look sensational with a black outfit. They really do stand out.


I confess, that the gold spring is for a very bad habit of mine, that I can't seem to kick. I got it because I still suck my thumb at night (sad, I know!) and because I have braces, I need to stop. So to help, I put the spring on my thumb and that tells my brain......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Also, it looks good, but does a good job at the same time!


Last, but by no means the least, is the above the knuckle ring. I have wanted one of these for yonks, but have never really found one that I like. I think its great for casual wear, but also great for the evening.


I totally understand that all of these pieces are not gonna last terribly long. However, when your talking of simply a few pounds and fashions changing all the time, I still think they are great to lighten up any outfit. I love them and I think they were a total bargain.

As soon as my shop is up and running, I will let all of you know. I am really excited about it I can't wait until you all see it.

Which ring is your fave?

Big Love



8 comments:

  1. I never really used to be a fan of gold either but I wear it a lot more than silver now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sadie! Thanks so much for stopping by. I still love silver, but fold is definitely creeping into my life! Do you have a blog yourself? Xxx

      Delete
  2. This has made my realise that I need to go into new look more often, all so gorgeous. I love primark for cheap but incredible looking rings :)

    Love Em xxx

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Em, thank you for the follow. I hope your well. Im gonna spin over to your blog now, looks awesome! New Look does have some cracking stuff at the moment, I do find though, it really all depends which one you go into. But these are a fab find and I love them xxx

      Delete
  3. These are all so cute! Hope you're well :)
    abi from a little dust

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picks! I love above the knuckle rings, I remember when they first came out that I really couldn't see the point, but I think they look so good. I've been after some rose gold ones but can't seem to find them anywhere!
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Primark? Also, I was just walking pass but didn't actually look, but I noticed Superdrug had lots of rose gold Jewellery. YOu could try there? xxx

      Delete
  5. I am obsessed with gold! My new obsession though is rose gold :) I have a great tip for keeping gold plated jewellery vibrant I put a very thin layer of nail polish over the top which stops it going green! Looking forward to hearing about your own jewellery site! xxx

    ReplyDelete