Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Slate By IBD xxx

I know its still Autumn and that I should be embracing the reds, burnt oranges and plums. But I fancied going a little more to the dark side!

For me, I love nail varnishes. However, because I do a lot of nails daily, it just doesn't last on me and my nails look a state by the end of the day.

Gel polish is definitely a favourite of mine and the lasting power is so much longer and barely chips (depending on what you do and how you treat them!)
If you don't know what gel polish is, have you been living under a rock????!! Well if you have crawled out from under it, I will give you a quick low down.

In a Nut Shell  

Gel Polish goes on like a nail polish, but you have to cure it under a UV light. Its the strength between a nail polish and a gel/acrylic. It has a great shine, lasts upto 2 weeks without chipping and to take it off, you have to wrap it up in cotton wool, acetone and foil, then leave it to soak off.


I am a big fan the IBD range and their colours are immense. Slate By IBD* is the perfect colour for winter. Its not black and it's not grey. Its a beautiful (as it says on the bottle!) slate colour, with a very slight shimmer sparkle in it.
Im sorry, but the photo's does not give it justice at all. But I can only promise, if your looking for that elegant black, without the Gothic status that goes with it, then this colour is for you.

It will go with almost any outfit and the lasting power is crazily good! Your probably wondering how you can get this look? Well most beauty salons now, do a gel polish. Maybe not this exact range, as there are hundreds of different brands out there. But a lot are very similar in colours. A full set will cost you anything between £15-£30, depending where you live. But if you haven't tried any gel polishes, then you should give it a go!

If you like this colour, but can't afford or justify this amount of money in one treatment, then there is a nail polish that is very similar. Its called Stormy Skies by MUA and it only cost £1.00. Wahooo!

Have you had a Gel Polish Manicure?

Big Love



2 comments:

  1. This is really nice! I do like the MUA polishes though, they are SUCH good value for money :')

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great arn't they? And for a pound, crazy! Hope your well Sharlotte, ill take a look at your blog now xxx

      Delete