Wednesday, 29 October 2014

BATTLE OF THE DRY SHAMPOOS



When I was super blonde, my hair took a battering. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Your hair gets dryer, so you put more treatments on. Your hair gets fluffier, so you try and only put a small amount of heat on it to straighten it out. You put more oily products on it, but then your hair becomes super greasy, which then, you wash it more and then the whole process starts over again.......ahhhhhh! I just felt I was going in circles and not getting anywhere.

I decided to take the plunge and go darker, (ombre, to be precise!)  get regular trims and although this may seem a little gross to some of you, not wash my hair as much. That's where the dry shampoo comes into this blog post!



BATISTE is probably one of the first companies to come out with a dry shampoo, before the days of talc!
To be honest when I was a super blonde, talc used to do the trick. The only thing I used to hate about it was, smelling like my nan!

BATISTE for a 400ml can is £4.99, which I thought was quite pricey. I must admit, I thought I was going to spend around the £3.00 mark and plus, I did buy the original. 
I have to say I am not impressed by this at all. I feel that I am using loads of product and then I find the more I use, the greyer my hair goes. I feel like I have aged about 30 years in 4 seconds flat! Not only that I do find that it clumps together in certain areas and doesn't actually take away the grease out of my hair. The only good thing about it is, the smell. It does smell fresh. But as a product for me, I am giving this a thumbs down.


COCOA BROWNIE by Superdrug is their own brand of dry shampoo and this time, I did by their spray for brunettes. I got this on offer for about 97p for a 150ml can. However, usually it costs £2.29 full price. So in theory, if you were to buy 2 cans, full price, it would cost nearly as much as the Batiste and you would only get 300ml of product. So Batiste is the winner for value. 

I did like this a lot better. I felt like it soaked up the grease a lot more, but it still left a shine in my hair, plus it gave some body to the roots. It smells amazing and lasted in my hair well.

Now you may say that I didn't give this a fair trial as one is for brunettes and one is only the original. However, Batiste's Original dry shampoo does states for all hair types. I do feel that Batiste Original would be better for the blondes, as the white wouldn't show up as much. But as a whole the Superdrug's own brand seem to do everything else so much better.

Have you tried out any of these dry shampoo's?

Big Love 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment