Saturday, 24 January 2015

WHERE HAVE I BEEN???

As you know, I do a little flitter from blogging from time to time! But most of the time, its just because work gets too much and blogging goes on the back burner. However, this time I do have a few more valid reasons. 2 in fact! But I'll only give you the low down on one reason today! The next can be in my next post, so look out for that soon.

As some of you may, or may not know, I had a salon at home. There I preformed some beauty treatments like waxing, pedicures and manicures. But its was for mainly treatments like makeup and nails.

Having the salon at home was great for me. We had the space, my partner would be out in the day, so that clients felt comfortable that men weren't around and not only that, it kept all the costs down than having a shop. I did this for 2 years and it served me well. 

But, mid November 2014 a shop came up for rent. I always had my eye on it, as it was the perfect location and the perfect size. So, I made a few enquiries and within 24 hours the deal had been done! I was a shop owner!

I didn't have time to think about the details. But in a way, I think that's sometimes, the best way. I didn't have time to talk myself out of it, or if I was doing the right thing etc, etc, etc. But, I had a shop and I had to get on with it!

So as the days passed, I still had to work from my salon at home, the Christmas season was fast approaching, and the shop was empty and needed a referb. It was tough, because all I could think about was "I need to be open before Christmas!"

I have to admit, if it wasn't for the support from Tom and my family, I don't think it would have been possible. But we all got to work and the shop finally opened on the 08.12.14

It was such a success and everybody and anybody who participated in the build up, I am truly grateful for. 

The shop was crazy before Christmas and it was soooo busy! I don't think I anticipated of how busy it actually was gonna be! It was mental, but so much fun and of course, its still so much fun.

So, that's why I haven't been on here. But now I have more of a routine , I am hoping to be on here a lot more with more makeup, beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogs.

Here are a few pictures of the shop and if there are any questions you want to ask, just leave them in the comments below.

Big Love

OLD SHOP AND EX OWNER








WHEN OLD SHOP WAS EMPTY





REFURBISHMENT






MAKEOVER COMPLETE













No comments:

Post a Comment