Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation


Being a makeup artist, you would have thought that I have already tried and tested this foundation. Its been iconic for years and its a foundation that is always raved about. 

Estee Lauder has been one of my favourite brands ever since I got into makeup. Probably because my mum loved it and I guess I followed suit.

The UK's NO. 1 Foundation.

15-hour staying power. Flawless all day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity.

Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. Feels lightweight and comfortable.

Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.

COVERAGE
Medium, buildable; SPF 10

I have had this foundation for about 6 weeks and I have to say that I have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes you just want a foundation to plonk on your face and run out the door. However, the Double Wear I feel, needs a lot of manipulating on the skin, before you can "run out the door".
I have tried this foundation with fingers, a flat brush, buffing/kabuki.....you name it, I have tried it. The only way I feel that it works, is with a damp beauty blender. Anything else, it just sits on top of the skin and feels heavy. When used with a beauty sponge, it feels like its a part of you and wearable. Its liquid consistency gives you false pretences that you need a good dollop to start. Actually, you only need a small amount. A pump size is good enough for the face......oh wait, that's right, for £30.00 it doesn't come with a pump. Come on Estee.....it needs a pump!

Where was I...............??
    Its great that you only need a small amount, as of course the whole bottle will last longer. But, when it says buildable, I would have to disagree. It cakes, it cracks and sits in the pores if you use too much, Yes it lasts well on the skin if you use a small amount, but use a lot, your in all sorts of trouble!

Its a matte finish, but I still have to use a powder on top. For those with less oil, I am certain you can go without powder, as it does dry well. Sometimes though, it can look a bit too powdery. So I do have to finish off with a makeup spray on top, just to settle the powder and so it doesn't go cakey.

I like this foundation, its not my first love. It definitely lasts well and great for a night out. If you have the time to work with it and want it to look "perfect" then great! If your someone who wants an everyday foundation that works quickly with your routine and your skin, then I can't say this is for you. Double Wear really needs time and effort to make you and the product look flawless.

Have you tried it and if so, what are your thoughts? 





No comments:

Post a Comment